I’ve worked at places with really good corporate cultures, and some not so good (a huge national advertising agency comes to mind). I worked for one of the not so good ones one summer that had this ridiculous testosterone-overdrive culture where if you didn’t challenge the CEO for his job, you were weak and a loser. It was as though it was run by the preppy football jerks in Revenge of the Nerds–really over the top. But nothing has ever come close to working for a city government office. I think they need to create a new word for the corporate culture there–negative 10 times over just doesn’t paint a picture ugly enough.
Friday, December 08, 2006
- Tags: corporate culture quicken loans idea empowering employees expanding your mind civil servant working for city government it's not my job clayton closson
- By Clayton Closson | December 08, 2006
- Comments (5) | TrackBacks (1586)
- Goodbye to the DIFF blog. Hello Zing!
- Best Places to Work in IT
- National Eat Your Vegetables Day!
- Mitt Romney Visits Bizdom U and Detroit
- Cleveland Cavaliers Strike it Rich in the NBA Draft Lottery
- First Day Jitters Can Be Exciting
- National Name Your Poison Day!
- My First Day at Quicken Loans
- It’s Best Friends Day!
- Power to Oppress
The DIFF Team
- Clayton Closson