A Broken Foot Won’t Stop Us

foot_cast

By Brian Doelle

Hopefully you haven’t noticed, but the DIFF team’s step has lost a little of its spring today. Clayton, also known as The DIFF M.C./creator and driving force behind this blog, has had a minor accident and will be out of commission for a few weeks. But readers, don’t panic! You can rest assured he’ll soon be returning good-as-new. A special team of doctors has been working on him and have confirmed his sense of humor was not damaged in the incident.

If you’re not familiar with Clay’s writing, take a look at some of our favorite posts:

We’re sure Clay’s reading this, so the entire team would like to say, “Get well soon, buddy! It’s not the same ‘round here without you!”

Please feel free to leave a message or comment below for Clayton. I know he’ll appreciate them.

NOTE: It takes more than a little setback to keep the DIFF team down. Today is “Grilled Cheese Wednesday.” Lea’s grillin’ will have the spring back in our step in no time!

Comments

1. Heal up soon Clayton!
    This place just isn’t the same without you. Plus, you’re missing out on Lea’s famous grilled cheeses! If food won’t motivate you to heal, I don’t know what will!

Posted by: Ann-Marie | February 21, 2007
  2. Oh, I know we’re going to hear about the snow removal services (or lack of) in the City of Detroit soon enough!
    Rest well! Then, hurry back and tell us all about it.
    Here’s hoping your dogs don’t bug you too much by gnawing on the cast.

Posted by: Christy | February 21, 2007
  3. Get better! We miss you. Work just isn’t the same. :(

Posted by: Jen R | February 21, 2007
  4. Clay, we miss your humor here. It’s too quiet without your A.D.H.D. (just kidding!). At least you can tell people you broke your foot trying to fend off a horde of ninja warriors while trying to rescue a kitten out of a tree!

Posted by: Amy | February 21, 2007
  5. Clayton, Clayton, I for sure thought this little broken foot story would start off with you getting locked out of your house and then sprinting through the streets of Detroit to find a pay phone to call ANYone who would answer =)
    But sure enough, this was better, you slipped on some ice and broke your foot? Comes with old age I guess =)
    I really do hope you get better soon-I miss my cube buddy!!!!

Posted by: Kriste | February 21, 2007
  6. You broke your ankle…so what?!
    Last time I checked you weren’t typing with your toes….get back to blogging!
    I think you should share with us some insight on your hospital experience. I am certain that there were folks there who made sure all your questions were answered, that the paperwork was clear and easy to understand (if indeed there was paperwork – it was probably all electronic), that your wife was made comfortable and received regular updates, and that since you have been home there has been a follow up call to see how you are doing and if you have any questions about your treatment.
    p.s. – get better soon – we miss you!

Posted by: Stapper | February 21, 2007
  7. Clayton–you missed out on my Chili today too! I even gave it a little spice just for you! Take care buddy.

Posted by: Corey Bailey | February 21, 2007
  8. Hey Clay! I am so sorry to hear about this! I hope you aren’t in too much pain. Are your dogs in casts, too?

Posted by: Vicki | February 21, 2007
  9. So I take it your bowing out of the dance competition? Get well soon!

Posted by: Stu D. | February 21, 2007
  10. I hope that the creative juices are flowing while you are on medication and perhaps Clay C, D Peeps and E-Money can have a reunion tour on your return. By the way, I believe your injury is a result of the “50 Cent Thugs” getting revenge and where is your barber when you need him?
    PS: While you are out of the office I have taken the liberty of promoting myself from Joker to Prince. So get well soon and get back to the office before all hell breaks loose.

Posted by: Edson | February 21, 2007
  11. Who am I going to order Fattoush Village with???
    Get well soon and back in the office.

Posted by: Melissa | February 21, 2007
  12. And you know we’ve been playing this today.

Posted by: christy | February 21, 2007
  13. Suck it up, whimp! I’d a hobbled you myself if they’d let me in that place!
    -Pipes

Posted by: Mr. Pipes | February 21, 2007
  14. Hey Clayton,
    I’ve got a yellow lab; he’s nine years old and doesn’t run very fast anymore… Do you know any good dog-walkers?

Posted by: Todd | February 21, 2007
  15. I told you the Barbecue Gods would get you back for messing up Hog Heaven. Revenge is sweet. Like sweet, sweet barbecue sauce. You deprived us of ribs and pulled pork served on butcher’s paper with Wonder Bread, now you will be deprived of the right to walk straight the rest of your life, punk.

Posted by: Kaufman | February 21, 2007
  16. Broken foot…right. That’s one of those zip-up casts you buy on the Internet.
    Get your belly-scratchin’ arse back in the office.

Posted by: Gimpy | February 21, 2007
  17. Thanks everyone for the encouragement and kind words. Don’t worry. It’ll take more than 3 broken bones, a torn tendon, and a dislocated ankle to keep me out of business. Tomorrow I’ll go under the knife and I’ll emerge a stronger, faster, more intelligent and braver man. By the way, does anyone know a good slip and fall lawyer?

Posted by: Clay C | February 21, 2007
  18. Clayton: is that a plaster cast or a Gore (registered trademark goes here) lined cast? and where are your toes? I have a broken leg story – maybe you’d like to hear it sometime…if you’re sitting around with nothing better to do…

Posted by: kathy fawcett | February 22, 2007
  19. What can you do with a broken foot ? What can you do with one foot ? ?? My son broke his foot in sleding Accident. He did not do to much before this accident and now he does nothing.. Just another excuse.No School, no work,no chores. Can you tell him what he can do with a broken foot and how. What kind of work,chores he can do and how????
    What can you do with a broken foot ?

Posted by: Frank Kuzyk | March 5, 2007