By Paul J. Pickett
I visited Eddie Murphy last week. He told me one of my teeth is cracked and I need to come back for him to fix it. But unlike other dentists, I won’t mind going back to have him stick a fancy shmancy tooth-fixing machine inside my mouth. Here are the Top Five reasons why Dr. Edward Murphy has the best dental office I’ve ever been to:
- I love telling people “Eddie Murphy is my dentist.” Go ahead and laugh…so what if it’s a little corny?
- I get a signed Christmas card every year. This is easy to do, but it’s also easy not to do.
- The young lady at the front desk, Liz, always has a smile on her face and is sincerely courteous. ***Note to Drs everywhere: this is the most important position in your office. Hire wisely.
- I always get a courtesy reminder call – three days prior to my appointment. I don’t have another Dr. that does that.
5. The dental hygienists have a positive attitude and they take the time to ask me questions and suggest things I can do differently with my teeth. They don’t stop at just “going through the motions,” they actually give me customized attention.
Let’s face it (no pun intended), no one really gets excited to go to the dentist. But I gotta tell you, I don’t mind going to see Dr. Murphy and his staff. They treat me as a unique individual, not as an insurance number to be processed. They are what THE DIFF is all about.