Today we got an e-mail to the DIFF asking what an ISM is. A reader from Ohio sent this in:
I have heard about Quicken Loans ISMs but I am perplexed – why are they called ISMs?
I read the list and they are all great principles. But, what is the connection to ISM?
Curious in Ohio (okay, that’s not how she signed it, I just always wanted to do that!)
So, even though "ISM" is a funny word, it’s actually a word and it’s in the dictionary:
a distinctive doctrine, theory, system, or practice
Its really as simple as that! It’s a list of philosophies (theories, practices) we live by at Quicken Loans. If you’re not familiar with them, here’s the current ISM list. Enjoy!
• Always raising our level of awareness.
• The inches we need are everywhere around us.
• Responding with a sense of urgency is the ante to play.
• Every client. Every time. No exceptions. No excuses.
• Obsessed with finding a better way.
• Ignore the noise.
• It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.
• We are the "they."
• You have to take the roast out of the oven.
• You’ll see it when you believe it.
• Every second counts.
• Numbers and money follow; they do not lead.
• A penny saved is a penny.
• We eat our own dog food.
• Simplicity is genius.
• Innovation is rewarded. Execution is worshipped.
• Do the right thing.