Election Day freebies: Starbucks coffee, Krispy Kreme donut and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream

Election Day 2008 Freebies - Free coffee from Starbucks, donut from Krispy Kreme and ice cream from Ben & Jerry's! From Quicken Loans DIFF blog

So, no need worry about cooking tomorrow – if you vote, you can just fill up on all the lovely free goodies from some of the yummiest places in the land of the free.

Starbucks, Krispy Kreme and Ben & Jerry’s are giving away their signature products tomorrow if you vote. Free tall (12oz) regular coffee from Starbucks, free star-shaped donut with patriotic sprinkles from Krispy Kreme and free scoop of ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s. Am I missing anything else?

While Quicken Loans definitely recommends you get out and vote, consuming all the freebies could very well give you quite the tummy ache. But if you can handle it, well, I might just say it’s your patriotic duty to chow down tomorrow. As Ben & Jerry’s says, "democracy never tasted so sweet."

Comments

1. Nice info!!! I knew about the coffee, but looks like I’m going to have to make the rounds!!!

Posted by: Rebecca | November 3, 2008
  2. You forgot to mention frequent DIFF poster Adawg is offering one free cynical comment rife with doom and gloom if you mention you voted for Obama.

Posted by: MrSarcastic | November 4, 2008
  3. Doesn’t involve free stuff, but there’s a pretty neat app right above the logo on Yahoo’s home page today asking you if you voted or not.

Posted by: MrSarcastic | November 4, 2008
  4. I had some sarcastic comment to make in response to the aptly named Mr. Sarcastic, but unfortunately it was taken from me in an effort to spread the wealth.

Posted by: adawg | November 4, 2008
  5. BEAD THE VOTES RETURNS!!!
    As with previous elections, Beads of Marin will once more sponsor its election-season
    BEAD THE VOTE drive.
    Starting November 4th, 2008 and continuing through November 9th, show us your voting sticker or any other document confirming you voted, and we’ll show our appreciation for you being part of the process by offering a
    10% discount.
    Beads of Marin, 8 Locust Ave. Mill Valley 415-381-4364
    Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
    As with other discounts, our regular discount restrictions do apply
    (discounts cannot be combined, are not applicable to labor charges, and are not for class fees, books & tools).

Posted by: Batel Libes | November 4, 2008
  6. P.S. – no need to vote to get the Starbucks. They relized trading votes for goods is illegal, so everyone who asks gets a free cup.

Posted by: adawg | November 4, 2008
  7. This is why I love the DIFF! As I stood in line to vote today, I thought a free ice cream cone would be the perfect finish to my lovely patriotic experience.
    And who should chime in on Twitter to tell me about said freebie just as I was getting chewed out for wanting free sweets? The DIFF! You said it DIFF Wordsmith — great stomachs growl alike!

Posted by: Annie | November 4, 2008

You must be logged in to post a comment.