Here's more from the Go Red For Women: National Wear Red Day site:
Join with millions of women, as well as companies, organizations and cities across America on National Wear Red Day, Friday, Feb. 6, 2009. By wearing red and making a donation, you'll help the American Heart Association support ongoing research and education about women and heart disease.
Plan a Wear Red Day
It's easy to be a part of this special day. Consider organizing a National Wear Red Day at your workplace, with your faith-based organization, at your community center or in your home. We've made it simple with our free, downloadable tools. Use them anytime of the year to host your own Wear Red Day event. It's a great way to raise awareness and help us fight our No. 1 killer – heart disease.
- Start by registering as a Wear Red Day Coordinator/Host. You'll get free, downloadable tools to help you plan and execute your Wear Red Day. They're available on your registration confirmation email. (Already registered to host a Wear Red Day event? Then please visit this page.)
- Next, visit Shop Go Red to find apparel, accessories and more from our sponsors to help you show your support for women and the fight against heart disease.
- Download our free Conversations from the Heart: A Go Red For Women Discussion Guide to get the conversation going about heart health. Share it with your HR representative, employer, coworkers, family, friends.
- Make a connection with your local American Heart Association.
- See the cities and companies below that helped make National Wear Red Day a success.
After Your Event, Come back and take the Wear Red Day Survey
The Go Red For Women post-Wear Red Day Survey is availabe now through April 1, 2009. Please return to this site after you have held your Wear Red Day activities to complete the survey. It will help us help you with future events. Thank you!
That's all there is to it. Wear red and save lives!