My son, Jude, is the world’s biggest Star Wars fan. Well, wait. That’s a big claim considering some of the Star Wars fans out there. Ok, he’s at least the world’s biggest 5-year-old Star Wars fan. He’s watched the movies countless times, he visits the 501st Legion every year at the Motor City Comic Con (as seen in this post), he watches the cartoons, and my god, he has toys out the wazoo. Last year, I even went so far as to make a stormtrooper costume for Halloween because in his mind a simple store-bought stormtrooper would NOT do. We spend the drive to and from school discussing why Anakin was overcome by the dark side, why it’s good to be a Jedi, why Boba Fett (his favorite) was a bounty hunter and how he doesn’t think that Boba was necessarily BAD, per se, but misunderstood. Needless to say, the boy loves Star Wars.
Friday, April 15, 2011
- Tags: 100 Best Companies To Work For, 5-year-old, 501st Legion, Best Company Ever, Bill Emerson, Birthday, Boba Fett, Boba Fett Fathead, Bounty Hunter, Coolest Kid Ever, Dan Gilbert, Fathead, Han Shot First, Jude, Motor City Comic Con, Nerdy Family, Not The Droids You're Looking For, Quicken Loans, star wars, Star Wars Fathead, Wazoo
- By Amanda Pallay | April 15, 2011
- Comments (0) | TrackBacks (3360)
- Goodbye to the DIFF blog. Hello Zing!
- Best Places to Work in IT
- National Eat Your Vegetables Day!
- Mitt Romney Visits Bizdom U and Detroit
- Cleveland Cavaliers Strike it Rich in the NBA Draft Lottery
- First Day Jitters Can Be Exciting
- National Name Your Poison Day!
- My First Day at Quicken Loans
- It’s Best Friends Day!
- Power to Oppress
The DIFF Team
- Clayton Closson