You know Quicken Loans is an online company. But do you know how much all of us are actually online? We know this makes us a bit nerdy, but it's also what makes us smile. Forgive us?
At a quick glance, our small Web Marketing team runs something like 17 websites to support the Quicken Loans family of companies. Total head count on Web Marketing? About 18 people. You do the math.
With the little time we have left in the day, many of the internet superstars on my team still run their own personal websites, internet businesses and blogs. Sometimes we call them our "side hustles" because we're weird like that.
We all held a meeting last week to talk about our personal sites and ended up offering support, ideas and so much more to each other. Since there are so many personal sites and they're all just so fantastic, I decided the DIFF needs to recognize each of them.
I admire each of these people for making the time – my own site is merely still just a thought in my head. Since I write all day at work, I find it hard to go home and write more. Still, I'm sure with the support of all these great people and our bi-monthly meetings, I'll be plugging my own blog/site soon enough here on the DIFF. Or maybe I'll put it on the Insider. Or maybe Quizzle blog? Too many to choose from…I don't think there will ever be a shortage of my writing for you to find on the internet.
Take the time to check them all out…they're very worth it. I'll also include their respective Twitter accounts if you're only ready for small doses of them. If you really like, subscribe to their feed or leave a comment.
1. THE Mr. Doug Peeples – If you call him Dougie, he'll get mad. But soon enough, you'll be able to find Doug's bits of wisdom on livin' stylish and dating smart at ComplexGentleman.com – when he gets it up and running. You can give him hell for not having it live on Twitter – @DPeeps.
2. Regis Hadiaris – The "Leader of Leaders" he most certainly is. If I had to guess, I would say Regis' blog is probably the first of all of us. He runs the Dot Connector blog. Dot Connector is a blog with one goal: To help you be more successful at work and more productive in life. Twitter: @RegisHadiaris
3. Jen Romanowski – Jen is the only one who comes out and admits her nerdriffic side at DizzyGeek.com. She rambles about fun tech internet-ish things from marketing to online dating. Twitter: @JenWebMkt
4. Courtney Vanecek – Courtney decided to tap into the wealth of internet users by founding FavoriteTravelPhoto.com. Send in your pics to Courtney's site and we'll all be jealous of your travels. Twitter: @CVanecek
5. (Dr.) Chris Kaufman doesn't quite have his PHD, but continually saves us with his mad design skillz everyday. You can find Chris tooting his own horn at ChristopherKaufman.com or if you tweet, you must have a Twitter background from TwitArt.com. Twitter: @Kauf or @TwitArtDotCom
6. Lea Puckett – not only does Lea design beautiful stuff for the web, she uses her god-given hands too! Crazy, right? Lea produces quality canvasses and ships them all over from CanvasCubed.com. Twitter: @CanvasCubed
7. Joe Dakroub – the MOST stylish guy we all know (oooh, Dougie is going to get mad at me for saying that!) is kind enough to grace all of mankind with his informative, simple style tips for men at TheStylistic.com. Twitter: @TheStylistic
8. Cora Bledsoe – surely a stunning bride-to-be, Cora chronicles her wedding planning adventures at 12kWedding.com. But it's certainly not just for brides, so check her out! Twitter: @CoraB or she toots for QL with @FeedbackCentral
9. Matt Cardwell – the director of Web Marketing will also direct you through your diet and fitness struggles on AnswerFitness.com. Posting fitness tips, recipes, nutrition and even product reviews, Matt also answers fitness questions if you send him one. Twitter: @TheFitnessNerd
So check out my friends – they're all super people with an incredible drive to always be improving. I'm so lucky to work with each of them. As for me….? I'm still working on it. For now, you can follow me here or on Twitter – @KLaVaute or @QuickenLoans.